Are you looking ahead to the 2013/14 winter season and fancy yourself a skiing holiday? We don’t blame you – learning to ski, or developing existing skills, is a great way to let off some steam during the winter months. While many Brits flocking to mainland Europe for a stint in the mountains will be opting for the popular Western European bigwigs, some will be happy to venture a little further afield to try somewhere different, which is where Bulgaria Ski comes in.
While it may be relatively unknown with the majority of British skiers, Bulgaria offers plenty of stunning ski resorts that will make you feel right at home. Take a look at some of the ultimate reasons why skiing in Bulgaria should be considered for your next winter sojourn.
- It’s inexpensive compared with the high flying resorts, with plenty of affordable ski packages available.
- It offers favourable weather conditions that will often provide blue skies and sunshine as you whizz down the slopes.
- Bulgarian resorts such as Borovets, are perfect for beginners who require a little tuition to help develop their skills. Many ski schools are English speaking and highly commendable.
- Resorts also offer plenty of thrills for the more advanced, providing challenging runs and trails both on and off the piste.
- The rustic charm of the villages is authentic and admirable. You can enjoy horse and cart rides and traditional dancing as part of the evening entertainment in some resorts.
- Resorts provide some amazing facilities for all the family. Children are well catered for, with plenty of activities to keep them occupied.
- The vistas are simply breath-taking.
- The snow conditions are highly acclaimed, with beautiful white powder and fresh snowfall throughout the winter months.
What’s stopping you from trying somewhere different this year? You may be used to the likes of Austria, France and Switzerland, but there’s no reason why you can’t venture forth and enjoy some Bulgaria ski opportunities this year.